I love to bake, especially easy yummy recipes like this! I have tried many different recipes online and this is by far the best Chocolate Chip Cookie in my humble opinion! Far to good not to share – Enjoy!
Serves approx. 18 depending on size of cookies
2 Cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted (I actually just use ordinary as I don’t often have unsalted)
1 Cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
2 cups chocolate chips (can use a combination of choc chips, choc bits, white or dark choc bits – up to you!)
1. Preheat oven to 165 degrees C (or 330 Fahrenheit)
2. Lightly spray baking tray then lay baking paper on top (I find this the BEST method – baking paper sticks and no extra oil on cookies)
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside
4. In a medium bowl (or large if you double it like me!) mix melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended – colour will start to change – I use my food mixer but you can do this with electric hand held beater
5. Beat in vanilla, egg & egg yolk until mixture light and creamy
6. Add sifted ingredients until just blended
7. Stir in the chocolate chips (it says to do this by hand but I sometimes just chuck it all in the mixer)
8. Put the bowl into the fridge for at least 15 minutes – often an hour better
9. Spoon out tablespoon sized bits and roll into balls and pop onto tray about an inch or two apart
10. Take out after no more than 13-15 minutes – they will be still soft but will set in a few minutes
11. Once set cool on a wire rack
12. Make sure that for quality control purposes you eat one cookie about 5 minutes after they come out of the oven, you may need to try up to 3 to ensure its a suitable for general consumption!
I always double this recipe and freeze half of it in one or two containers – it is wonderful to know you have cookie dough on hand for the kids after school or unexpected visitors – I have even thawed it in the microwave once when we had an overwhelming cookie urge at 9pm!